Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Say Hello to the Bad Guy

I know American Gangster been out for a while now and it still in my CD player. It just amazes me that people can say Hov fell off lyrically when he spitting real shit like this. This song is my personal favorite from the album. Sort of like my theme song. People will never understand but ummm who cares!! LMAO

We ain't thugs for the sake of just being thugs
Nobody do dat where we grew at, nigga, DUH!
The poverty line, we not above
So out come the mask and glove cause we ain't feelin' the love
We ain't doing crime for the sake of doing crime
We movin' dimes cause we ain't doin' fine
One out of three of us is locked up doing time
You know what that type of shit can do to a nigga mind?
My mind on my money, money on my mind
If you owe me ten dollars, you ain't giving me nine
Ya'll ain't give me 40 acres and a mule
So i got my Glock 40, now i'm cool
And if Al Sharpton is speaking for me
Somebody get him the word and tell him i don't approve
Tell him i'll remove the curses
If you tell me our schools gon' be perfect
When Jena 6 don't exist
Tell him THAT's when i'll stop saying bitch---BIIITCH!

No comments: