Wednesday, December 31, 2008
As the DMV rises and 08 comes to an end, one of DMV's own up and coming talents has a few words for what needs to happen in 09 when it comes to this music thing. Listen closely!! Make sure you stop by Lyriciss myspace page to get acquainted with his music if you're not already familiar.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Repping Columbus, OH, Fly Union is on the grind to make their mark in this music industry. They have already started that by being named one of the nation's top bands to watch in 2008 by URB magazine, opening up for Kid Cudi, N.E.R.D., Lupe and more. They have a mixtape you should check for with Mick Boogie, Closed Doors, Open Windows. Just to get a feel for Fly U check out these 2 joints. I have a feeling you'll hear alot more later. Shout out to Jameel(Eighty81) for putting me on to these dudes.
A Hustlers Prayer produced by Blunt
Following the path of Young C, Freeway is going to do 30 tracks in 30 days for the month of December with a few videos too!! I'm loving the grind!! I will keep this post updated with all 30. Check inside to get started.
**UPDATE** Free really went in and gave you 30 joints, a joint every day this month! I love the grind!! Here's all 30 tracks!! Enjoy!!
1.Freeway-Month of Madness (produced by MMP)
2. Freeway - Everlast (Prod. By Blunt)
3. Freeway - Count On Free (Prod. By Jake One)
4. Freeway-Look Around (produced by Tryfe)
5. Freeway-Gonna Get Mines (produced by Blunt)
6. Freeway-I'm Great (produced by Tryfe)
7. Mindstate Takeover (produced by Cardiak)
8. Blauh (produced by Jake One)
9. Together (produced by Dilemma)
10. Tell You Something (produced by Erick Sermon)
11. Movin Out (produced by Phoe Notes)
12. Straight Madness (produced by Cardiak)
13. I Can Deal With It
14. Really Rough Out Here (produced by Blunt)
15. Street Music (produced by Blunt)
16. Start Wildin (produced by Erick Sermon)
17. Doing Anything (produced by Dominic McFadden)
18. Get it Started (produced by Alchemist)
19. Rap Spitters (produced by Don Cannon)
20. Diesel (produced by Needlz)
21. Long Money (produced by Sapp)
22. Do it to Death (produced by Trife)
23. There You Go (produced by Don Cannon)
24. For the Better ft. Neesh (produced by Blunt)
25. As I Been ft. Hesikiya (produced by Oddisee)
26. When I Die ft. James Blunt (produced by Oddz N Endz)
27. I Wanna Be Free (produced by Blunt)
28. NP Finest (produced by Cardiak)
29. Bank Rollz (produced by Don Cannon)
30. Back For More (produced by Cardiak)
Sunday, December 28, 2008
As you can see I have the slopes on my mind since my bday ski trip is coming up soon. See the flyer to the right for more info on that. But back to hitting the slopes in style.
Porsche Design have created a sled drawing inspiration from Porsche’s 911 sports car. The sled is made entirely of aluminum allowing it to be extremely light yet rigid. The sled is foldable allowing it to be stored in a small space even fitting in the famously small trunk of the Porsche 911. The Porsche Design Sportster sled is available from Porsche Design stores worldwide.
Chanel have released a snowboard as part of this years winter sport collection. The Chanel Snowboard has a high gloss piano black lacquer resin finish with a discrete Chanel monogram by the front binding. The snowboard is made of fiberglass and wood which gives it a degree of flexibility whilst maintaining rigidity at the same time. The Chanel snowboard is available from Chanel stores worldwide throughout the winter ski season.
As I'm sure you all have noticed, the fashion game is just starting to recycle itself with alot of the old styles and trends coming back into play. Well Ralph Lauren wasn't going to be left out as he brings back this classic boot. They were pretty dope back in the day but could you rock them now?? If so you can cop them here. More pics inside.
Who's version was better??
You 1st heard Hov go in on a Runners beat with the remix to Rick Ross', Hustlin, but now thanks to Jesse, who works with the Runners, for sending over #2. The original version of "Go Hard" was already serious with Kanye alone. Hov takes this joint and isn't playing with it!! You still doubting the big homie!! Well you shouldn't!!
DJ Khaled ft. Kanye West, Jay Z, T-Pain-Go Hard(remix)
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Friday, December 26, 2008
It was only right for Loso to go in on Jay's joint dedicated to Brooklyn!
Check Loso on the remix to Jazmine Sullivan's Lions, Tigers, and Bears inside
Jazmine Sullivan ft. Fabolous-Lions, Tigers,and Bears(Remix)
Thursday, December 25, 2008
If you've been keeping up with the Kicks We Miss post, then you know The Total Air Max Uptempo was my 2nd installment. Seems like the good folks at Nike, feel like me!! 1st they answered my call with the Bo Jacksons and now the Black/Neon Uptempos!! Fall 09 is looking real good right now!!
There is no need to leave the lil one's out!! Louis Vuitton came through and took 2 of the hottest sneakers they've ever made and made them available for the kids!! If you can rock LV's so should the lil one!!
After the buzz that they created with the 1st color of the LV Skate Hi's(as I call them), they decided to come back through with a few more colors. The red 1's are sick and will tear Spring 09 up!!
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Mrs Officer Mrs Officer...Oh I am sorry I got caught up in the moment!! You may recognize this Cuban beauty as the leading lady in Lil Wayne's Mrs. Officer video!! You can catch her in Show and a few other mags. In the meantime check inside for more.
Tammy Torres Myspace Page
Nike must be following Too Hood 4 Hollywood because a few weeks after I posted these Bo Jackson's in the Kicks We Miss, what happened?? Nike is dropping this OG colorway of the Nike Air Trainer SC in 09. Man it feels good to know that they are retroing these kicks in OG colors now!! Shout out to Sneaker News for this info! Check out the the original Bo Jackson Commercial for these joints inside!
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
I am trying to get you aquainted with this thing of ours, here in DC!! Get with the movement now while we still giving you a chance!!
To get on the guest list for the Elite DC Launch Party RSVP here!!
If you didn't already know, the homies at Clockwise Clothing are going hard with the most official tees for the DMV!! So if you not hip to what we doing in the city, here's your chance to get familiar. And to all the DMV'ers reading, grab a few of these tees and show the world that the DMV is definitely Out Chea!! They got other hot shit too, so if you not from DC they still got what you need. Get your copping on right here!!
I've had this on my mind for a long time and didn't really know how to go about posting it until I came across an email fwd this morning that put in all in perspective. So shout out to the originator of this email, I feel you homie. Well you want to hear it, here it go:
Dear (Ex) Love,
We need to talk. Judging from the voicemail you just left me, I'm starting to believe that this Beyonce song, "Single Ladies...Put A Ring On It" has you confused about the true nature of our past and present relationship. When we decided to part ways, it was admittedly difficult for the both of us. I mean, let's face it; all of the time and energy that we invested in our relationship made it hard to imagine life without you. In the end though, we both know that it was the right thing to do.
Did I miss you? Of course I did-which is why I let my emotions get the best of me when I saw you with that guy last night. I can own up to the fact that my behavior was wrong, but your response was way out of line. To suggest that I had no room to get angry because I never asked you to marry me ... well that's just ridiculous. But if you really want to play that game, then let me explain to you the real reasons that I never popped the question.
1. I will only place a ring on the finger of a woman that I deeply love and want to spend the rest of my life with. Unfortunately, you never crossed that threshold.
2. You never had a plan for your life. You were just content with us being together, which would be cool if we were 19 or 20, but we're not-so that's not.
3. We lived together, slept together, ate together. And after experiencing all of that, there was still something deep inside of me that wasn't convinced that you were the one. The familiarity kept the relationship going, but it wasn't enough to make me pull the trigger.
4. Your insecurities pushed me away. No matter how much I tried to love you, you never thought you were good enough, pretty enough, or smart enough for me. At first it was understandable, considering the tough relationship that you had just come out of. But three years later, we shouldn't have been dealing with the same self-esteem issues that we faced on day one.
5. Your idea of marriage and family wasn't a partnership, but a carefully laid out plan that you created-all on your own. I didn't want to hear that "this is the way it's going to be with my husband and my kids." Over time, it became clear that you wanted a "yes man" instead of a partner, and I just wasn't interested in that type of position.
So I guess with all of those reasons, what I'm really trying to say is:
I ONLY liked it ... and that's why I didn't put a ring on it.
I hope I've made things clear.
WOW!! Now that's some deep shit!! So I hope this helps you to stop taking this music shit to personal so you don't end up getting bodied by your ex like this!! LMAO
Beyonce's new album, I Am....Sasha Fierce, is in stores now and you can cop it here!!
Have a great weekend!!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
The homies over @ NOWWUT caught up with Angel at her 1st Annual Burlesque and Birthday party in SOHO in NYC. She performed BOSS BITCH for NOWWUT. NOWWUT chopped it into a video! The haters can hate all they want but Angel doing her thing!! I respect her g on this one. Straight from Uptown!! DMV is on the rise!!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
When Nike came out with these Reggie White's, I was all over them. Don't know if I'd where them now though. The black & Silver with those reflector stripes were the best. The only thing is they were so damn heavy. lol
Monday, December 15, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Man in 01 I knew the Roc was going to take the rap game over after I had got my hands on the Hot 97 takeover mixtape where Jay Z introduced the members of State Property. Unfortunately they never prospered like they should have. Fortunately Cipha Sounds got to get the visuals of the sick takeover!! Check out parts 1 & 2 below. I will post as many as Cipha does!! If anyone has the actually download to the audio version of the takeover email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
**UPDATE::Parts 3&4 added!!**
Monday, December 8, 2008
Youngin been back on his feature shit!! The last few days I heard a lot of songs featuring Lil Wayne. Instead of posting each joint seperately I thought I would give them all to you in 1 post! Check inside for your Weezy fix as he hooks up with the likes of, Keyshia Cole, Cassidy, Swizz Beatz, Trey Songz, Shawty Lo and more!!
Cassidy ft. Lil Wayne-Get More Money
Keyshia Cole ft. Lil Wayne- I Love You 2K8
Swizz Beatz ft. Lil Wayne-Up In This Club
Gata ft. Lil Wayne-Just Me and Her
Fall Out Boy ft. Lil Wayne-Tiffany Blews
Shawty Lo ft. Trey Songz, Lil Wayne-Supplier
Say hello to JoKisha Brown aka Ms. Dynasty. You can catch this Jacksonville, FL. eye candy in Trick Daddy's "Lets Go", King Mag, Show Mag, just to name a few. Check inside to see more of Ms. Dynasty.
Ms. Dynasty's Myspace Page