Saturday, February 9, 2008

The Redskins *Shaking my head*


I mean you don't replace Joe Gibbs like this!! I don't get it. Maybe that's why I don't have to make these decisions. Knowing Dan Snyder, Zorn is going to get a brick for them 5 years! ! What you think?
WASHINGTON - After a suspenseful month of exhaustive interviews involving at least 10 candidates, the Washington Redskins decided their coach would be: none of the above.

Instead, it'll be first-timer Jim Zorn taking the mantle from Hall of Famer Joe Gibbs. Two weeks after being hired as the offensive coordinator, the former Seattle Seahawks quarterback was promoted to head coach Saturday night in a surprise ending to a secretive process that tried fans' patience and produced a new favorite every week.

The 54-year-old Zorn agreed to a five-year contract and will be introduced at a news conference Sunday.
"I've always dreamed of being a head coach with a franchise rich in tradition like the Redskins," Zorn said in a statement released by the team. "As a player who had to fight Redskins teams at RFK as well as at our home field, I know about the history of this franchise as well as the passion of its fans. I won't let you down." Full Story

No comments: