Thursday, January 8, 2009

Reasonable Doubt vs. Ready to Die (Day 2: 1st single)


Okay I told you yesterday in Day 1 of Reasonable Doubt vs. Ready to Die, we were going to break these CD's down track for track to see which album is actually the best. At first I was just going to go in order of the album but I think its only fair to start it off single for single since both albums had 4 singles.

So what's it going to be, the spending illegal money, Ski produced, lead single, Dead Presidents with Nas', The World is Yours, sampled in the hook or is it the from nothing to something, Diddy produced, 1st Single, Juicy.


"Partna I'm still spending money from 88"

or


"Birthdays were the worst days, now we sip champagne when we thirstaay"

2 comments:

Cocoa Chanel the PBG said...

See I was gonna say Dead Prez just off the strength that its one of the most subdued yet gangsta and real to the life hip hop classics ever made. But Juicy is transports me to a different place and time. It came through my ipod speakers as I was leaving my first day at work at the World Bank and I got teary eyed like damn "we living better now" from KDY to her own office downtown like shit. Juicy is the ultimate come from nothing to something anthem. Biggie got Jay beat for that.

Anonymous said...

Juicy hands down, He speaks for the average guy on the come up. I couldn't grasp Reasonable Doubt til I was in my 20's. Jay Z started off talkin big willie and BIG made you feel like you could become that big willie Jay Z was tlakin bout