Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Timbaland to produce entire Jay Z album


WOW!! I think this is going to be major!! Hov does some of his best work with Timbo!! Can't wait til some of this shit starts leaking!! This is what Timbo told MTV:

“He wants me to do the whole thing this time around,” Timbaland said Monday
during a visit to the MTV News office. “I’mma make it a classic too. You better
believe it. It’ll be a monster! I always say this: You get a first single from
me, I’mma get you up to gold. And it’s hard to get you up to gold in this day
[and age].”
Tim insisted that an LP featuring him and Jay would sell more
than the 500,000 copies needed for a gold record, as they’re both international
platinum artists.
“Jay should never chill,” he said about the rapper’s
decision to return to music full time. “We had a long talk, and I really talked
to him. Jay-Z does it for the love. That’s different. When somebody does it for
the love, you don’t stop. He has everything, but he’s still current. A million
people are buying his album regardless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Timbo is my all-time favorite hip-hop producer & Jay is my favorite rapper that's alive (Big is 1st). But I would be kinda disappointed with an entire album produced solely by Timbaland.

After a while it would kinda get too redauant....kinda like how it used to be with Swizz would produce a bulk for a Ruff Ryder alum album (i.e. DMX's Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of my Blood)